Wednesday, March 02, 2005

Family

Today, I showed my wife this blog. This led to the CCG Workshop and showing her the tournament report. I was thinking that I would just show her that it managed to make it as an article on the front page with the additions of the card images and such by Novelty. As I started to scroll down to show her what it looked like, she told me to stop. It was something her husband had wrote and she wanted to read it. I got up out of the chair and gave her the seat in front of the computer. This way, I would not be tempted in my excitement of show and tell to scroll faster than she was reading. She actually knows a little about how to play Magi-Nation. I think the strategy scares her off a bit right now. Games she likes are Tetris, Solitaire, and Yahtzee. There are more, of course. I really don't want to list them all, in part because I don't know what are all the games she does enjoy.

That's not like my sister who doesn't have much time to play games but actually took to Magi-Nation quite well, quite quickly. Last time I played her, I had to go full out with a mid-level deck against a deck I built for her from just commons and uncommons. My sister won. This is the same sister who drew the creature Dartette. I hope you'll get to see more of her Magi-Nation related artwork in the future. Next time I play my sister, I think I might just have to use one of my tournament grade decks. That probably won't be for a while though. We still have yet to get in another game of Go as well. The last game I got to play her was Connect Four. She got a full-size board just this past Christmas and was thrilled. Annette did point out that the game illustrated on the cover is the worst game she's ever seen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home