Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Ending Swarm

Posted by Picasa
This game happened so long ago that I embarrassed to realize that I had lost my notes on it in my tool bag for work. So sad. Fortunately, I took reasonably good notes. I posted the screen capture shortly after the game but not the story to go with it.
Well, I played SilverRaine that day. They had stated that they were not that good. So, I chose to go with one of my Bograth decks. Now, I knew the one deck was absolutely insane, so I steered clear of it. However, I had forgotten which deck I had for my second deck and made the mistake of thinking it was the same deck I had posted on DeckTech some time ago. It wasn't the deck I thought it was although my starting Magi wasn't my tipoff. I traditionally started most of my Bograth decks with Eryss, so when I went first I played the Fog Hyren, N'kala, Gremble, and Poison Baloo Root like usual. A full turn of card draw and then it was time for Naroom to show for the opposition. Pruitt would start things off for the opposition with Carillion, Vinoc, Crushing Roots, Pruitt's Robe, and Grow. I would choose to sacrifice Eryss by spending much of her energy on Great Throne Mushrooms. Olabra would go next for me. It was an impressive toss down starting with the Swamp Hyren. Now the challenge would be to play such that my opponent might eventually overcome this swarm. No, I didn't record all the creatures I played, just that it was insane. Olabra would end up facing off against Keelie. Keelie would toss down an Eebit, Balamant, Weebo, Arboll, Forest Dew, and use Nocturne for another Eebit. Excellent choice on the Eebits. Anyways, the Balamant used Hunt and a battle ensued. It would come down to Yaki versus Olabra. Yaki would toss down big as well with an Arboll, Weebo, Weebo, Leaf Hyren, Balamant Pup, and Grow. Yaki would use the Arboll's power and then play Nocturne for a copy of Eebit Twins. By this time Olabra had become weak enough that I could lose her defending creatures and sacrifice her to my own Spirit Drain. This was intentional as I wasn't sure that my opponent would get past her without the assist and just leaving my magi wide open for attacks just didn't seem right. Anyways, Yaki would take the reprieve to play out a little more before Brog would toss down like the picture shows. I suppose I could've toned it down a bit. Truth be told, although Olabra tossed down big it wasn't quite this big because I did want SilverRaine to have a reasonable chance of beating Olabra. However, I guess I felt the game had dragged on long enough at this point and must've had some evil voice in the back of my head saying that I should do this. In case you wondering, Crushing Stench is what put both of those Swamp Hyren into play first. Additionally, I can tell you that there is only one Poison Baloo Root in this deck, so Olabra had been wasting a lot of her energy drawing cards instead of using it to overpower my opponent despite how it might sound since she took out two magi and battled Yaki for a moment or two.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home