Sunday, September 10, 2006

Swift Jungle Snowball

Posted by Picasa
I played a quick game with Martainia this past week. Going into the game, I knew we probably wouldn't finish it. They just wanted to test their deck a little. Arawan started the game for me by using Warp Driven and playing a Tropical Plith and a Tropical Hyren. Between the search and extra card draw, Arawan was off to a great start. Aurora started off a Nar freeze tactic for Martainia by playing Mombak, Ice Arboll, Polar Eebit, Furok Protector and Whiteout. At first, I spent a bunch of time chatting, but this wasn't progressing the game very fast. So, with a little prompting, I stopped chatting and drove my turns forwarded as quick as I could. As you can see in the picture, Aurora had plenty of energy while Arawan was setting up Ookami nicely. Plus, with the final move before Martainia had to leave being a Spell Pulse, the freeze was going to ease up for a bit by getting rid of the Essence of Frost. This also took away the benefits of an Ice Lens, already discarded. If I just had an Equilibrate or crushing spell, that Polar Eebit could've been dealt with. Oh yeah, just simply thawing it would eliminate the annoying effect. It was really annoying. The Mombak and Furok Protector had been eliminated already....

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home