Saturday, July 29, 2006

Overlooking The Mountains

Today I played Cole R with my Kybar's Teeth deck. Yes, that deck I've had on gEngine for a year or more but never played it against anyone. Of course, it is the region that I frequently state that I am not very good at. Oh well, I hope you still believe me on that.

Cole R started off with Trygar. Trygar fetched the Tunneler's Boots and the Pylofuf he starts with. Playing both cards, he was off to a good start. I opted to skip my starting cards altogether. The only starting card I have for Kazm is the Baldar, but I wanted better odds on getting Rockslide. Kazm got what I hoped for. Rockslide took out the Pylofuf before Kazm played some of his own creatures, a Vopok and an Agrilla. Trygar would just draw two cards and left himself wide open for Kazm. Sacrificing a Climbing Staff to the Vopok, Kazm took the opening. The defeated Trygar used his parting effect to leave behind a Freep. Suspecting what was in store, Kazm still took the free energy available from his own effect. He held his own hand. Freep would use its effect to give Trug enough energy to use his cataclysm to defeat himself and Kazm in one quick blow. This effectively ended Trug's turn, so Celebrated Hero would stand up as the next champion for the Teeth. He played out another Agrilla and Vopok. So far, I wasn't seeing much variety in the creatures I was drawing. Gogor would then flip over as the anchor Magi for Underneath. His Gravel Storm rolled a two, so it was up to Thunderquake to eliminate the Vopok the expensive way. At a full ten energy, he also reduced my Agrilla to two energy. Gogor used two of his last four energy to play a Crystal Arboll. This could've bought him a turn of protection from his alternate self, except a simple Jagged Rocks would eliminate the Crystal Arboll and leave Gogor wide open for an attack by the Agrilla. Although the game ended at this point, I still wasn't seeing much of my other creatures in my card draw. In my hand was my third copy of Vopok and no other creatures. Just some spells and relics. That ended up being a quick game. Cole R was suffering from a bad hand it seems. Crystal Arboll was the only creature they had in their hand. Since most of my decks are over half creatures, I would probably be moaning over the lack of creatures if the Pylofuf, Freep, and Crystal Arboll were my only creatures for the game by the time my third magi was facing defeat.

Well, now that I've had a break from Naroom, maybe I'll get to playtesting some more of the TW decks I made. Let me see, I have three more to go. I know that I am so tempted to draft up some more, but I think I really ought to start cycling back through the decks I already have soon and test them some more.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home