Friday, June 30, 2006

Is xyx?

I wasn't really happy when I posted in Dreams of Flying that there will be no Xyx for Exodus Flight. That of course got me working on overtime to ponder if I could sneak in a Xyx into the set. The sad thing though, was that other than Underneath, I've collected all the images for the creatures and I would loathe to replace any of the images with a Xyx.

So Underneath it had to be. But what is there in Underneath that is vapourous? Sulphurous smoke Xyx? Stench of Fungus Xyx? Mist of Darkness Xyx? Nope, nope and nope. Way too long for one and well, two and three as well. Dust Xyx sounds way to d'Resh and Stone Xyx just felt wrong. Mushroom Xyx? Heh, there's no way I'm going to be able to draw that and make it look cool. I just can't picture a group of mushroom flying around together. Crystal Xyx would be as weird - a bunch of crystals flying around looking like... what exactly? I have no idea...

So I went through the old cards. Tunnel Xyx? Hmm... nope. Glowing Xyx? Sounds way too Arderial. Giant Xyx? Again it's a bit Arderial. Spore Xyx. Hey, that might work. A group of sentient spores floating around like a cloud. Well, I'm not a great artist anyways, but I think the image below is good enough for Exodus Flight.


Art by Nov, background by Strom/Whyrl.

That's the 147 card out of 150 cards for the expansion. I'm on a hiatus though, so things are moving slowing with all things MND-related. But at the very least, there is a Xyx in every custom expansion that I've made.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At July 01, 2006 4:46 AM, Blogger Novelty said...

Eh? You know praising me to the highest of heavens will still not get you a chance to design a region for the next expansion, which probably won't be out for a long time. I'm on a hiatus ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home