Monday, June 05, 2006

Winds Versus Flooding

My second game today was with firejewl. Firejewl had one request, that I don't use a creatureless deck. Apparently they've lost terribly to a number of such decks and are getting tired of it. I got another chuckle in today. I only have one deck that even comes close to creatureless. I was sorely tempted to play one of my normal Cald decks. To go real easy on the burn, I even debated the Restricted Cald deck I have. In the end, I chose to go with my Flood of Energy Naroom deck. While I wait for the Twilight War Naroom cards to go up for playtesting, I figured I could play with the deck that I will be using as the inspiration for one of the test decks I am planning to build. It also probably one of my weaker Naroom decks currently.

Firejewl went first with Sorreah. This would completely effect what starting cards I would pull. None. Sorreah drew cards with Tradewinds and played a Bwill and Alaban Kit. During this, I shuffled my deck knowing that Chayla's best chance would be with five random starting cards as opposed to her little Eebit and Rabbage, especially when I wouldn't be drawing any cards for playing the Eebit. Chayla would end up with a Rabbage anyways. And, some good spells. I played the Rabbage and Glade Hyren without using its effect. I needed those cards. Crushing Roots would be overkill on the Alaban Kit. I was hoping that Arderial wouldn't pull some nasty surprise on me and held Tap Roots in my hand. Sorreah tossed down a Night Hyren. Suddenly, a Giant Carillion was looking rather nice, but I don't recall whether I have any of these beautiful Naroom creatures in my Flood of Energy deck. Anyways, Tap Roots finished off the Bwill, and a couple attacks did a nasty number on Sorreah. Arderian Adept appeared next. Shrink would cut a Glade Hyren down to size, while the Alaban Gloves would cut the aggression level of my Naroom deck back. A really interesting combo was using the Alaban Gloves with the Wyle in play. The idea is to trigger the Wyle's effect because my magi gained energy outside the energize step. This meant war on the Wyle. A Wasperine, in combination with my sole surviving creature, whalloped the Wyle before it could get out of hand. Placing out a Rabbage and Overgrowth on my Wasperine, I played my first copy of Flood of Energy. When the adept dealt with Chayla on the next turn, Chayla survived because the Sandstorm Orshaa is illusionary and couldn't attack her. Chayla played out an Eebit and a few other Naroom creatures. I had a copy of Orwin's Ring in play now. It was about this time that firejewl had to leave and saved the game. Too bad. If we can get back and finish this game before the save game expires, perhaps you'll find out how this will end. Until then, we'll have to just guess how the Flood of Energy deck would've done.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home