Thursday, July 20, 2006

Three Forgotten Games

I was just looking at my notes and I realized that there are three games that I haven't written about. The first one was a game with CapAp.

CapAp went first with Evu. Evu tossed out a Furok and Plith from his starters. Arawan started things off for my Paradwyn deck. Arawan crushed the Furok and searched for a Fog Hyren. After playing a Vine Hyren, Tropical Plith, and that Fog Hyren, the Paradwyn deck was off to a good start. However, Evu had some tricks up his old sleeves. He crushed, used Grow, and attacked in a surprisingly swift blow to Arawan. Arawan would fall to Evu. Ookami would play out five creatures, but skip vitalize on his Hardshell Weebo. This would save it from the crushing blow of the K'teeb Thumper which Evu had used to finish off Arawan. Again, Vine Hyren had started things off, with two Lahalou, another Fog Hyren, and the aforementioned Hardshell Weebo. Evu would direct the K'teeb Thumper to hit one of the Lahalou, crushed the Hardshell Weebo and attacked. Fortunately, Ookami was in good condition and counter attacked with his surviving creatures. I did forgot to make that attack which would've defeated Evu. CapAp and I decided to play it out as if I had, so Wence made his appearance. Another K'teeb Thumper would cause some trouble, accompanied by an Arboll and Forest Jile. This would finish off the Lahalous. A Fog Hyren would net Ookami Scarletsong Trill to enable a fierce attack upon Wence's creatures. Eidon was the final Naroom magi. Unfortunately, this is where my notes end. I don't know if the game ended in a loss or a victory. Or, did one of us have to leave? I suppose it could be any number of things to something as simple as failing to take notes after that.

The next game I have notes on is short bit with Cliff_Burton again. This time he started with Magam, Flamesmith, one of my favorite starting Cald magi... except when I am sitting across the field as her opponent. She played Charge and Arbolit. So, she ended up with one large Charge. Tiller would start off as usual for me. I chose to take the hit from her effect on a Wasperine Stalker. Sure, it only hit her for one energy, but it was now "safe" for me to play my Alpine Xamf, Giant Carillion and Weebo. Giant Carillion stomped the Charge and Weebo restored. However, this is where the game ended. Cliff_Burton had to go and saved the game. It has been long enough since then that I am not sure the saved game is still available.

For the third game I failed to write about it like I try to, it was played against Juno. It looks like this may have been another incomplete game. I wasn't doing too good though from what I saw in my notes. Again, I was playing Paradwyn, but I went first with Arawan. I only played out a Tropical Hyren, so this would've been with my other Paradwyn dreamwarp deck. I have two of them. The differences between them is rather small. One has Fog Hyren, and the other has Staff of Vines. However, I didn't play this particular relic yet. Juno flipped over Marella, Savant, as their first magi. With two Stumbling Junjertrug in play to start off their energy mechanics, I responded by attacking after using Tropical Rain. Then, I dreamwarped down two Taglat and copied the surviving Stumbling Junjertrug. Weave Path and Weave Seed would leave Arawan hurting. A Junjertrug took out Arawan so it would be up to Ookami to hold off Weave. Ookami tossed down a K'teeb, two Lahalou, three Hardshell Weebo, and a Staff of Vines. It was a turn of insane energy gains. However, another Weave Seed really tore into Ookami. Fortunately, Ookami held out with enough creatures and energy to survive the blow. He finally got to take the offensive for Paradwyn. Marella only survived by one energy. And, this is where my notes end. So, I don't know who their next two magi were, and Kiersta was my third magi. Whether the game ever got to any of them, I don't recall.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home