Monday, November 13, 2006

Eidon Hits The Wall

Posted by Picasa
CapAp offered a second game. The crushing of Core was a little mismatched with such a Core hungry creature in play. So, keeping in line with what I had been doing thus far, I moved on to my next deck. This time a mild Furok deck with Tiller starting it off. Again, I managed to go first. I would flip over Tiller, use Vortex of Knowledge, both of his powers, and then Tiller would play out an Alpine Xamf and a Bhatar. When CapAp revealed Tiller as their magi, I declared, "rofl." It was almost too funny. Tiller would use both his powers, just like my Tiller had done. With an Eebit and a Plith to defend himself, this double Tiller ended the turn. Tiller versus Tiller would last a while. A couple Baby Furoks would buy the opposing Tiller some time. However, I put a couple Baby Furoks of my own into play. With Bythan's Gift and Orlon's Ring, my little swarm was beginning to swarm. When Tiller defeated Tiller, CapAp would reveal Evu as their next magi. Evu would play Vortex of Knowledge, Robe of Vines and Orwin's Rings. With three Plith, an Eebit and a Furok to defend himself, Evu was doing alright. Tiller was left with a tough choice. Hold off and try and get those Pliths with spells and powers or steam on ahead. I chose to take my chances and steam ahead with my swarm. Evu would end up netting lots of cards, but Tiller had quite a swarm still. Eidon would go next after Evu. With a strong toss down of Robe of Vines, Yaki's Guantlets, and Orwin's Ring, Eidon was ready to move in with force. He used three Warrior's Boots in a row to play all three Leaf Chogo. With three Wasperine and a Wasperine Stalker, Eidon had used up most of his energy. In the end, Eidon was unable to make a finishing blow against Tiller because of those two Baby Furoks. Tiller would fight hard against Eidon, getting both the Robe of Vines and Orwin's Ring using my only two copies of Relic Stalker. While Tiller would last against Eidon only a few turns, he had cost Eidon his opening momentum. Salafy would have to fight Eidon next. This was good. She would use her effect with an Alpine Xamf, leaving a copy of it in my hand. With a Giant Carillion and Weebo added to the mix, she would Stomp one creature and restore the Giant Carillion. We had both cycled through our decks by this point, so I had the Weeblit in my hand and used that to sacrifice the Weebo and add energy to the Alpine Xamf. In the end, Salafy would punch through Eidon's defenses as seen here.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home