Saturday, July 09, 2005

Tainted Weave Attacks

Well, it looks like I am getting in my desired three to four games almost all at once this month. I was online to work on building some more of my test decks for Tainted Glimpses as BobbyDoc2 was giving some advice to xXGoramXx on making some improvements to their defensive Weave deck. When xXGoramXx asked for someone to play, I chose to swap my deck up to my test deck for Weave. I run aggro Weave instead of defensive, so my deck was in theory playing into the very area their deck was supposed to function. Not that I've found the two approaches to be always balanced when pitted against each other....

xXGoramXx went first with Zaya. That starting Grass Hyren would serve them well for a few turns. Ahdar started off with the massive energy gains the Uwamar. In a bit of a fluke, I started with all creatures in my hand. Playing most of them out, including a Vuryip, would create a massive energy advantage with that Uwamar. Zaya tossed down a Jumbor and taunted my creatures. The Uwamar sat there while everything else stampeded across going for the Speag in the very first attack. Weaving to the Vuryip ensured that the Speag couldn't survive and gain any energy in my subsequent attacks. The card draw would help too. Ahdar managed to take out Zaya and make a strong assault on Kesia, almost always weaving off of the Uwamar to whichever creature was making an attack. The strong assault on Kesia left her struggling for creatures even though she took out Ahdar with just a little effort. At this point he only had that Uwamar left to which Photosynthesis had just been attached. Weave Seed on a creature took out the Uwamar and Ahdar. Crasz then flipped and used a Sawgrass I had kept in hand. Brushfire softened up the other creature Kesia controlled. Drowl and Rabid Sagaweave gave Crasz a little shield and the power of the sagaweave eliminated the other creature. While I still played some aggressive Weave from this point, my game shifted a more defensive play. Frequently, I would use a spell or another creature to soften something up and then finish it with the power of the Rabid Sagaweave. I even got in a couple chances to use it's effect. The first time ditched a Weave Seed into my discard pile. Ouch! I had already played the other two by this point, one of which just earlier in that same turn. The second time placed my third Uwamar into play shortly after the second Uwamar had been set down. By this time, Crasz was past Kesia and was working their way through Bo'Ahsa. It was getting to be a Weave swarm. Quite often just using Brushfire from the discard pile and following it up with Poison. xXGoramXx ended having to leave before the game finished. However, I feel it safe to say that Crasz would've won the game, it was just a matter of how soon, maybe just with another turn or two.

Like my game with the Underneath test deck, I posted a review on Novelty's Custom Card Forums. While writing the report, I wondered if I should've played the Underneath deck again instead and posted another report there instead. Then again, with at least one deck designed, or being designed, for each region, I will have a lot of decks to test out. This one part of Magi-Nation I enjoy. Trying something a little different. There are many cards for Tainted Glimpses I will leave to others to test because I don't think I can wrap my skills around playing the game in a way to make them work. In other words, my style is wrong for them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home