Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Not Underneath

In the special event for September, part of the rules is that we choose a region and malovis has to play within those specifications. Well, I have sort of been a little more open in my suggestions.

In the first game, I specified for him not to use Orothe. An Orothe deck would probably have Orothe relics and purity from Orlon's Ring would not discard any that I happened to capture. As it was malovis played their Trug deck. A good deck that makes surprisingly good use of Trug. So, pitting my "fun" Orothe deck against the Trug deck was fun and quite the challenge. Despite Orothe's inherit strengths, my "fun" deck sort of plays the region in a bit of a twisted manner and has a weakness there against burrow that may not be quite so readily apparent.

Tonight, I managed to get in what should be game two for me. This time I specified non-Underneath. So, I got to face creatureless Nar. Malovis got off to a bad start while Delia is almost guaranteed a good start no matter what with the swarming vellups. Delia went a good distance and it was up to the Arderian Adept to do as much as possible. So many of my cards were useless since there was no opposing creatures to discard or reduce to one energy. All in all, it was a fun game.

Maybe sometime in the not too distant future I can see what malovis has done with their orathan deck. Apparently that deck is one that they are not allowed to play with this month. Oh well.

If I can get the third game before the month is up, I am tempted to either specify Naroom or keep it more open like I have and leave it at non-Arderial. I believe that I am fairly good with Naroom so it might be interesting to see what malovis might do for that region, while non-Arderial might make for an interesting matchup against a deck I have in mind.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home