Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Beginner's Weave

I have to say that I don't think the beginner's Weave deck on gatlingEngine is too strong at all. I played a very long beginner's game with Weave versus Weave. I feel sort of sorry for the person learning Magi-Nation. I did recommend that they try Orothe, Core, or Paradwyn since they like control decks in Magic, The Gathering.

The beginner's game could've been much quicker. I was using my restricted Weave deck and Kesia was going to town with a Seaweed Lascinth to eliminate the Speags, a condition I had allowed to happen while Ahdar was still my magi because I needed something big enough to smash my creatures into so I could burn through my energy. I had to stop playing with my Uwamars most of the game. This was one time I wished I had Rayje's Belt, which I have never put in my Weave decks before, however even that wouldn't be legal for a restricted deck. I wanted very much to lock down wait on my Uwamars so I could attack with them and expend their energy in a single blow. As it was, I had to attack as much as possible weaving off the Uwamar but do all this without playing many creatures either or the Uwamar would gain it all back.

I can only hope that the person comes back and gives Magi-Nation another try after such a long game. Though, they seemed to be getting a real good handle on some of the energy mechanics and tricks by the end there.

By the way, why is there not even one copy of Sawgrass in that public deck? Kesia should've been able to come back from under the Speags like she was doing for me, but to have to stop using the reflexes of the Seaweed Lascinth against defensive Weave seemed a bit odd. In fact, I even stopped weaving so I didn't generate tons of energy mechanics as I looked for a way for Kesia to go down and sort of give the beginner another of my magi in defeat. A Sawgrass in that deck could've prevented the turn after turn pain of reflexes on a rather large monster, a spell that even my aggro-Weave deck uses. I think it swallowed a twenty-one energy Speag whole. I really don't think that the learner's deck should be a powerful and overly tweaked deck. Mostly, I thought that one or two Sawgrass could work nice to round out the deck and give a nice feel for what I consider a standard Weave deck.

2 Comments:

At September 01, 2005 12:37 AM, Blogger Novelty said...

Those decks have no rares I believe. They are supposed to be for people to make and to give away free during the cons.

 
At September 01, 2005 6:22 AM, Blogger dartax said...

Sawgrass is not a rare....

Although, I did not know that they were designed to be created and given away at cons. That's cool to know. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home