Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Naroom Trapped Underground

After logging on a few times and getting in no games, I was pleased to see that a couple people had played a game a little bit earlier. As it was, I managed to get in a game with Mdw005. I debated going with a test deck. Mdw005 mentioned that they were going with a normal deck that they were just finishing putting together. As such, I ended up choosing to go with my restricted Naroom deck. It’s a speed deck. Card draw with Tiller and Warrior’s Boots with wasperines for quick hitting.

Mdw005 went first starting off with Myka. They didn’t play any creatures. I grabbed Vortex of Knowledge with Tiller and drew as much as I could. Warrior’s Boots and two Wasperines opened up a quick hit on Myka. Her burrow effect was sure to guarantee a long battle. As it was, Mdw005 tossed down Robes of Ages and began the onslaught of spells. Over the course of the game, Mdw005 played only a very few creatures. The deck was actually an assortment of spells from across the regions. Among the annoying spells was Snare. There was a few times that I could’ve got in a good strike if it wasn’t for that spell. Tiller went down. Salafy battled for a bit and faced off against Emaal. This is when a couple copies of Spirit of Rayje sort of nullified striking with the Wasperine Stalkers. Mdw005 had drawn through their deck with Trogovos and they sacrificed Emaal leaving my last magi, Pruitt, with no energy and unable to energize due to Crushing Fungus. Celebrated Hero only had to play an Ormagon to win the game, although a single Shockwave or some such could’ve done the job against Pruitt’s only creature in play. It was a good game. A good loss for me. I look forward to playing Mdw005 in the future.

2 Comments:

At August 11, 2005 2:46 AM, Blogger Novelty said...

That is a deck I know they've been dreaming of, but haven't actually seen in play. The best of (almost) Creatureless Underneath with the best creatureless tricks from across the regions. It's good to see that my Snare trick from Creatureless Paradwyn incorporated into that deck. Scary as it may seem a number of cards will kill that deck fast but the deck has to be built around those cards...

 
At August 11, 2005 5:30 PM, Blogger dartax said...

Which cards?

One of my decks is centered on Storm of Fishes. Very, very weak against creature-feature and does okay against more normal decks.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home