Tuesday, July 12, 2005

A Long Battle

And, hopefully, a quick post. With time enough for two games tonight, or so I thought, I played a second game. Since the opponent mentioned that they didn't want to play against creatureless or nearly creatureless, I opted to go with my deck designed to go against creatureless. It has a good mix of creatures in it. It's just a matter of the selection of everything that is supposed to make it perform better the less creatures the opponent uses. For example, Storm of Fishes.

Well, this game lasted far longer than I would've anticipated. I suspected from the comment that their deck might be mostly creatures. I knew that my chosen deck would be weaker there. As it was, their deck was definitely outclassing mine, almost as expected. However, after using all three Cataclysm (probably a first for me), we were both struggling uphill. They had put almost everything into play at that point and were for some time trying to draw back into some creatures. On the bottom end of the energy pool, I was regretting all the Orothe creatures that got ditched into my discard pile. However, each time I used Cataclysm it was nearly a must. A Naroom-Eidon swarm can be nasty. In the end, Eidon took the game. Some good moves cost me my Orathan Flyers with Niffer, my last chance to turn things around. Without them, the energy advantage in creatures was all in favor of Naroom. With Twees recurring a few things and Ancestral Flute in their favor, my deck just couldn't regain a solid foothold. However, things did go back and forth as my deck tried to hold on for dear life and their deck struggled to recover from the cataclysm it endured. A very interesting struggle it was, too. And, a very long one. I am getting to bed a lot later than I had planned for.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home