Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Testing Without Testing

I sort of forgot about Novelty offering some tokens for playtesting and submitting a report on it. With a few extra tokens, I thought I would spend them testing some more. Now, it is just a matter of free time to do so. As it is, I found a little time to spare tonight.

CapAp started a game and I asked if it was okay if I used a Tainted Glimpses test deck. I chose to go with a Cald deck I had put together some time ago. CapAp led off with Celebrated Hero. Going first with Gogor's Spade and a creature should've been a great advantage. Except, we're talking about Cald here. Burn. Burn. Burn. The Cave Rudwot died quickly and Magam, Flamesmith gained the upper hand with an Ergar in play. My next turn added a Giant Arboll to that. The creatures from the mountains then were Ambushed and burned some more. Celebrated Hero was defeated by the power Spark granted by the Ergar and the calders did not attack once. Powers only. Kazm flipped next. The wonder magi of Kybar's Teeth really did toss down good. However, Cald was up to the task and Magam tossed out a second Ergar after toasting one opposing creature just shy of defeat, plus a Spark Chogo and a Magma Hyren. She began to tear into Kazm's creatures. That's when CapAp declared thanks for the fun game and logged out. I did have two copies of Pyre Grag in hand, but with a power to discard and I was hoping to maximize the card draw of Gorgle's Glasses at the moment so they didn't get tested. Nor did I get past Magam, Flamesmith to test Kyndle. Oh, well. Nothing tested. No report. Everything played was standard Cald, although all the energy management of Cald confused CapAp a bit. Ergar. Giant Arboll. Deadly combo. Can be confusing keeping track of it all though.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home