Monday, November 27, 2006

Tough Defenses Needs Ormy

Posted by Picasa
Last night I got in another game of Magi-Nation, this time with Trentonx. They started with Kolte and played a Reef Hyren. That starting Reef Hyren looked quite scary as the opponent. With the threat of Reef Hyren, I skipped pulling Keelie's starting cards. As it turned out, I got an Alpine Xamf and Giant Carillion that Keelie would toss down and Stomp out the Reef Hyren. After a long battle, Keelie defeated Kolte. Next she would face off against Kesia after Trentonx decided to take a chance with their bad hand. Kesia would toss down the defensive Grass Hyren and a Speag. For a while, Kesia would end up commanding two Speag, making that Weave defense very annoying since I didn't have any of my crushing spells for a period. By the time Keelie managed to get the second Speag, it was one very large Speag and required the special attention of a Giant Carillion. Keelie was having troubles with Weave's defenses so she was building up her forces to maximize the energy she gained from a copy of Orwin's Ring. With only her Grass Hyren defending Kesia, Keelie would save up a little energy to place a Garan to prevent it from using that defense. The screenshot included in this blog is from the end of that turn. Kesia would spend all her energy to play an Ormagon and an Underneath hyren. The Ormagon destroyed all my creatures, so Keelie would put a Bhatar into play. Kesia would attack before I could get the energy gain from the Bhatar attacking the hyren. After some more struggles, Keelie would make her way past Kesia. It would now be up to Yerthe to oppose Keelie. Yerthe started off with Harmony to shrink my single creature in play, then played another Grass Hyren and Iceberg Hyren. The defensive battle began all over again. Yerthe would get a Monarch Hyren into play, and Keelie would be fighting an uphill battle again. Fortunately, the Crushing Roots was making its showing. Keelie would fight her uphill battle over many turns. At the very end, Yerthe had lost that Grass Hyren and had a Reef Hyren in play. Playing out another Grass Hyren would use up his energy and created a unique opening. With no energy on the magi, I was able to safely use Nocturne to get one of my Garan from the deck and put it into play. Sure it only had one energy, but with the protection of the Grass Hyren canceled out, my other two creatures in play were adequate to finish off Yerthe. While this description doesn't give much of the details, the game lasted so long my wife had started a movie after I started the game and had finished the movie before I was done.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home