Thursday, November 03, 2005

Almost Twice Again

After a short day of work, or study as it was, I was back online in hopes of another game. I did a few things away from the computer and found CapAp ready to play a game when I got back to my keyboard.

We almost quit and started anew. It seems CapAp somehow had the wrong magi starting their stack. I was familiar enough with Eryss to go ahead and play as if she was there instead. Orlon started off with a really bad hand. I was thinking that things were really looking downhill from there. Eryss had a massive advantage when Orlon went down after a very brief struggle. I am not sure he even twitched much. The Brothers of Vengeance had to fight uphill against Eryss. A big key was surviving just well enough to get rid of the Jile in play. That made things a bit easier for dealing with Eryss and her swarm. The brothers would be using their power nearly every turn from this point out. They probably never had more than two relics in play at any given time, if you don't count the relic Korg's Poetry that they took with the cube from Phlouk. Phlouk really showed up briefly. Although the brothers had struggled to escape from under Eryss, they were picking up steam quickly. Rayje's Shield was proving to be a real assett turn after turn. Phlouk really had tossed down good. Korg then flipped over. It took a Blight after Korg had played a couple Swamp Hyren and several other creatures to get my smallest creature down to where Turn could take it. Spirit Drain took the edge off that I had gained with the two Hurricane Orish in play. However, with only two energy left on Korg, the game ended when I played Maelstrom on my next turn. Things would've been real tough if CapAp had been able to answer with Spirit of Rayje. The brothers had some real steam going into Korg and might've been able to pull off something good, but just poking Korg like that was fun. Otherwise, things were looking good for Korg.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home