Sunday, January 08, 2006

Claustrophobia

It was nice to get another game of Magi-Nation today. I still haven't gotten in any of my tournament games for January. Instead, I played a newer player. They made a few mistakes on timing of playing creatures and attacks, but some practice should clear that up.

TechsMechs is a promising Underneath player. They ran a Tunnel Hyren deck with Strag's Ring burrowing that precious hyren. Oh, how I was missing my favorite Giant Carillions! I was running a Naroom deck without even one in there for this game.... Tryn held up against Myka for a long time. I was frequently dumping my entire hand into the turn. It was almost surprising that Yaki and Pruitt had anything to toss down like they did when Myka finally gained some steam. The first Tunnel Hyren met its demise at the hands of Tryn. A simple Relic Stalker took out the ring. I just had to wait a turn and take my punishment in the meantime until Tryn swung her creatures around and pushed a momentary offensive. Tryn kept the pressure on as long as she could. When a second Strag's Ring and a second Tunnel Hyren appeared, her fate was essentially sealed. It was a matter of time. If only a Relic Stalker had shown up to pave open the way to the Tunnel Hyren again. Tunneler's Boots and Digging Goggles gave the burrowed swarm plenty of energy growth and the offensive ability needed. Myka was getting to the point that she would have about twenty energy on her at the end of turn, and a good number of creatures totally somewhere around twenty-five energy or so. Maybe less. Maybe more. Either way, I was amazed to toss out all of Yaki's energy in creatures and spells. This is often risky against Underneath with the potential threat of Ormagons. However, I hadn't seen one yet and it was the only hope my Naroom deck had of making a comeback. It wasn't to be. TechsMechs didn't waste time and had all their creatures attack eliminating Yaki in a single turn. Pruitt would follow suit, although she managed to hold out for two turns. Way to go Pruitt!!!

They did comment that the cannot build this deck with their actual cards. Apparently they only have a few Cald and Naroom cards and not enough even to build a deck. As it is, not even I could build the deck they used on gEngine. Although I have a box full of Magi-Nation cards, I don't have any Tunnel Hyrens. If I were to build such a deck, it too would need to be a virtual deck on gEngine. For now, I will stick to my own burrow deck that doesn't have even one hyren.... May TechsMechs have more fun yet. It would be nice to play again someday.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home