Sunday, November 06, 2005

Down By Two

Today, I played against BobbyDoc2. They went with Weave. A bit different than I am used to seeing from them. I think I sort of know BobbyDoc more for Core. With the emphasis on using Core this month, it was interesting to the deck BobbyDoc tossed down.

I went first with Orlon. A lucky draw in my starting hand had two Sea Barls starting a good pace on my card draw. When BobbyDoc revealed Keru and played a Junjertrug Horn, I was surprised when they put two copies of Blade Hyren into the discard pile when using Keru's power. With a Drowl and Junjertrug in play, I chose to attack with both barls. Final Blow with a Corf took the Junjertrug while a fresh Karak played at the same time stole the horn and setup Orlon for defeat. Keru got the horn back, but BobbyDoc did not choose to play it back out. The Brothers of Vengeance tossed down big with a good number of creatures. BobbyDoc spent all of Keru's energy and got several of my creatures. My next turn involved playing another creature, relic, and using the brothers' power as usual. Wawek flipped over and my understanding of the Blade Hyren grew. I still had more energy in play at this point despite Wawek's effect. BobbyDoc then played out Rayje's Belt and locked down Dream Barrier from my Wellisks. Warrior's Boots, Seaweed Lascinth, Weave Seed, The Hunt and a Junjertrug summoned via Weave Path made quick work of the brothers. A rather quick and furious game. BobbyDoc demonstrated once again why I respect their skill. A good game.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home