Monday, December 04, 2006

Failing To Test Summon

Posted by Picasa
This Sunday I got in a game with CapAp. This brings me back to my eighth deck for Twilight War. With such a variety, I don't think I've got any real playtesting in, but it has been lots of fun and interesting for me. Well, I would end up going first with Tiller. I drew cards like usual and only played a Balamant that first turn. CapAp would reveal Jaim, play the Orothean Goggles, a Monsoon Hyren, and a Sea Barl. A great opening of drawing cards for both of us. However, I would use Tap Roots to shrink the Monsoon Hyren and attack to eliminate it. A Weebo would be the beneficiary of Bythan's Gift, eliminating the Balamant from play. However, toss in a Nocturne for a Forest Hyren and that should give you an idea just how the game would go for a while. In fact, it wasn't long before I managed a Nocturne for the second Forest Hyren in the deck and Tiller was facing off against Mobis. Mobis would use Warrior's Boots to place a Wellisk into play. With a Submerge on top of that, the Wellisk attacked the Weebo and survived with one energy. Mobis would play a second Wellisk and a Bwill. Obviously, attacking the Bwill was not a good choice with either of the large Forest Hyren. They would attack to eliminate the two Wellisk, making it safe to play something small to attack the Bwill later. In the end, Tiller would work past Mobis and face off against Quilla. The single Coral Pyder played by Quilla wouldn't last long, but she had plenty of energy to spare. As you can see, I had placed another Balamant into play and was probably going to use a Remember Ring to get a Forest Hyren back (Tidal Wave for ten energy got both of those monsters). However, CapAp had run out of time and had to leave. I was taking too long taking my turns. I don't if I was going slower than usual or not. Anyways, once again I fail to test Summon. If you look at the picture, you might just see all three copies in my hand. While I continue to fail to test Summon, I really have enjoyed the spell as it has taught me a new way of playing Naroom. It really makes me wish that Traitor's Reach had been released. I doubt I would've ever come up with this variant on Naroom without a spell like Summon, yet I have grown to love how fresh it feels to play Naroom outside of my normal routine. The funny part about this, all the mechanics that are making this deck work come from cards created by Interactive Imagination. Now, I wonder if I could make this deck work starting with another magi. Though, I think I'll try and hold off on that thought for a little while. I already have a vast number of decks to choose from on gEngine and few that I don't for non-Naroom decks that I would like to create online and try first.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home