Wednesday, March 09, 2005

Sliced and Diced

I opted to test out Arasyn and Gort'n again, this time with a deck that had the tremor stones removed, but otherwise nothing else changed. Arasyn started well, and I got through his first magi fast, but that was to be expected. He revealed Ora and I progressed fine - I even had a rayje's belt out to lock down those pesky xyx minors, but I made the mistake of using Arasyn's power instead of playing a Szalak. That cost me the game. Lost my magi, but more importantly, lost the belt, and with the Xyx Minors once more being able to grow, there was little that I can do to stop it. The horror was that a second flying Hinko was added into the mix after I got rid of the last one, and then he proceeded to play out a whole swarm of creatures. Ogar went last, but with only 3 creatures left in hand, there was nothing much I could do and would have lost the next turn. One tiny little mistake cost me the game. Oh well.

I did have Agram's Staff out early, but never did have any good Underneath cards to play. Mooky, who was watching the game suggested an Ormagon... which wouldn't normally work in Core, but since I had 2 Underneath Shadow magi and 2 Agram's Staff, an Ormagon or two should prove to be deadly enough. Also, I forgot my Spirit of the Core in this deck, which is a no-no for me. I like that card so much that I'm surprised I didn't put it in.

Overall, I'm still pleased with how the 2 magi performed. They stood up against Arderial for a bit, without being overly powerful. I'm itching to start on my Shadow Cald deck now, I finally figured out a magi order that might work.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home