Thursday, January 12, 2006

The Frozen Moonlands

Today, after my game with Birdie21, I managed to get in my first game for the January tournament. CapAp signed up and we played against each other. After conferring with the rules, we found that a Nar magi and an arctic card are required to be in our decks for this tournament. Both of us met the minimum requirement for our decks.

CapAp went first with Ust. Hailstorm Pendant would slowly destroy me. Combined with her powerful defensive effect against my first attack on the magi each turn, Ust would destroy Balachron. It didn't happen all at once. Although, that first turn with Furok Protector was just plain fun. CapAp took the furok with the first shot using the pendant. Their Zyavu was sacrificed to remove energy from my magi and one of my creatures. Balachron did get Ice Lens in play to increase my card draw for a few turns. At the same time, CapAp had Tomorrow's Jewel in play to make sure they had what they needed to destroy my forces. Odavast was grateful that Balachron had netted a few extra cards. This allowed him to place out a small swarm that CapAp began to destroy once again. Ust was getting attacked frequently and CapAp would frequently discard two cards to kill the first creature like the effect allowed. It seemed like a long terrible struggle to stay alive, then both copies of Warrior's Boots were drawn. The first one was used to place out something just big enough to make sure that Ust went down to the swarm I had in play. When CapAp played Spirit of Nar, it actually didn't matter to me. There wasn't much I could play at that point anyways. Koza was the next challenge for Odavast to face. Since Odavast had a good number of creatures in play when he beat Ust, another Warrior's Boots later and Koza was on the rocks. It was a swift battle between Odavast and Koza lasting no more than just a few turns. When Halsted flipped and used two copies of Crystallize, it looked like Odavast was in for a long haul. It was when CapAp tossed down a Zyavu as well that suddenly things looked better for me. It has been so long since I played Nar that I had forgotten that my deck currently uses Ice Rupture. Plus, I almost missed that it was in my hand. That was the same spell CapAp had used on me early into the game. Discarding one of my Crystallized creatures, Halsted made a very short appearance and Odavast managed to salvage a game I was afraid that I was losing but I just hadn't given up yet.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home