Thursday, January 12, 2006

Grahnna's Dominion

I logged into gEngine to make some notes to myself in preparation for play testing of Twilight War. I figured to test all the Naroom cards designed I needed to build at least three to four different decks.

One centered around Forest Hyren-Flying Hinko. This would get me Tryn's Flute and Lumber Hyren.

Another deck built around Flood of Energy could probably test Keelie, Forest Well, Lumber Hyren (again), and Curious Fird.

I would have to build a third deck to test Summon. This spell is so different from what is the norm for Naroom that I would have to build a deck just to test it. It could be as simple as another version of one of the other test decks but with Summon added in so it is easier to isolate whether the spell has problems or not.

While I was online, I managed to get in a game with birdie21. I opted to go with my Grahnna deck again. Baa tossed down and drew like mad. It was almost a repeat opening of the last time, except I had Pyder in my hand within the first couple turns. Ealaya tossed out well with a few jungle stalkers, including a Bagala Hunter. On my next turn, I used the Slarnath to draw another card and then the Ooze Arboll's power. My surviving three creatures then pounded themselves into oblivion against the Paradwyn stalkers. Baa followed this by playing out all her energy in a couple more creatures and her effect. Birdie21 took out Baa on their next turn. Now, it was time for Grahnna. A practically perfect Grahnna opening. Pyder was followed by Swamp Hyren. Then, I tossed down virtually free three energy creatures or smaller. It was at least nine creatures wide on the swarm. Ealaya would fall in short order, followed by Culla and Ardonia. My two Treepsh proved useful when Birdie21 tried to crush the first Jile I managed to get into play. Although the Treepsh was actually bigger than the Jile, saving the Jile so my critters began to energize was killer. Spirit Drain at the end made sure Ardonia had no energy to keep the Jungle Eebit hanging around. And, yes, that left Grahnna with no energy too, since my magi only had two energy to use for the spell (Swamp Hyren reduced the cost from three to two).

Unless otherwise requested, I think I will be retiring that deck for a while. That was a bit of an overkill.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home