Monday, January 29, 2007

The greatest plans... were meant to be broken?

It's January. A new year. Time for some new plans perhaps since the old one was really out of date anyways. So this is what can be expected for the first 6 months of this year and beyond. Of course, the disclaimer is that everything is subject to change though.

January - Weave and Universal cards gets rolled out for comments on the Custom Card Forums
I just realised that I still haven't finished the custom card designs for those 2 regions. These have to be done ASAP to ensure that they get added for playtesting at the same time with the other cards as well. I'll do Universal today and Weave hopefully by tomorrow.

February - Exodus Flight gears up for playtesting
Arderial will be the first region added for playtesting. If there's time in February, Bograth and Cald would also be added. I realised that I haven't exactly setup the code to accept Exodus Flight cards so I would have to do that first before adding any cards. Playtesting is only available to people who have signed up on the CCGW Forums though.

March - A Cure for All Seasons gears up for playtesting
I think there's some excitement about this series of 4 magi and these will get added in March, together with EF's Core, KT, Nar and Naroom, all for playtesting.

I'm still looking for images for Ancient of Days though, so that will be done in between adding all the cards for playtesting. Remember that images made using the 2i Card maker website that are posted in the Custom Card forums might get added to AoD.

May - Twilight War moves off playtesting and becomes custom legal
I decided to make May the month that new sets are made custom legal, so TW will join the ranks of EL and TG (and SP and KQ). DJ still has a while to go yet though.

2nd half 2007 - DJ becomes custom legal
No idea when this will happen or if it'll even change. I haven't seen too much complaints about the cards since they entered playtesting. I expected people to say they were underpowered, but that hasn't surfaced yet. This might still change, but I think the cards would fit in the custom legal environment.

Remember, originally, these cards weren't even supposed to be custom legal. They were supposed to be created and banned for tournaments, making them useless most of the time. I think it's with the collective effort of everyone who has been involved with the custom cards that has got the cards suitable for the custom legal environment, and I thank everyone involved in the making of the cards.

Sometime 2007 - AoD design begins
I still haven't finished collecting the art for AoD yet, and yes, it's difficult to get the art now. I think this set will go ahead, eventhough I still haven't gotten the 50 images needed for half the set. I will get there, I think sometime this year. After that though, the remaining 50 images needs to be created/collected, before it gets passed on to the card designers to do their magic.

Other Plans:

The invaders will probably NOT make an appearance due to the fact that I couldn't get enough images to justify a separate region. That would mean removing all references to them in EF onwards.

Project Second Chance - Awakenings would probably get kicked off sometime this year if there's interest. I'm sure Doug or someone would start a thread on it soon to see how many people are interested in that.

As usual, I'm still looking for artwork. Anything is welcomed. Dartax's sister has been going crazy with great new art stuff. If you know anyone who can draw and colour on a computer, see if you can get them to do something for the custom cards.

And of course, the MND cartoon will be shown on WB (in the US) and CBC (in Canada) sometime this year, probably in fall/autumn. That might mean the end of the Custom cards... or it might not.

Not a lot to look forward in 2007.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home