Friday, January 12, 2007

Tony Jones Rules


This is the first time I am trying to post two pics. It is an exception of sorts. The first pic seen above is from the middle of the game, near the end. This is when the largest amount of energy was had on both sides of the field. Shortly after this, it will become vastly one-sided. There should be a clue to what happened in the relics seen under the control of Tony Jones.


Now, I have known for a while that Ultradoug wanted to play me with their super Tony deck. While this had not happened yet, I was of course a bit curious. From the pics I had seen online, I was guessing that I might want to take my best swarm deck. I was wrong, but I'll leave it up to you to guess what I should have played instead. Ultradoug would start the game with Eryss. Eryss played a fairly standard opening, playing all four of her starting cards and drawing up what she could. Baa would be my first Magi. I decided to setup my second Magi instead of playing rough with Baa, and she would play out Slarnath, Trulb, N'kala, and Muck Vinoc. After using Trulb to play Ooze Arboll and setup more card draw, Baa would end her turn drawing five extra cards. After a little struggle, Baa was defeated by an Ormagon. This was my first hint on the deck I was playing, even though I did not quite know it yet. Grahnna would simply play Spirit Drain on her turn to defeat Eryss. When Aula Mindseeker first flipped as the next opposing Magi, she would only use her power of windsight. Keeping things light for a possible Ormagon, I played a Ruid, Treepsh, and two Trulb. Aula would not leave herself wide open. She played Rayje's Construct, Book of Ages, three copies of Vortex of Knowledge and two Tradewinds. Lots of card draw, and Aula was down enough energy that I need not fear an Ormagon in the immediate future. I figured this was my best opportunity to “go nuts.” And, played big I did, holding enough back to repeat what I just did if necessary. First a Pyder, then a Swamp Hyren, or in this case two hyren, and then a whole lot of virtually free creatures. After defeating Aula, Grahnna would play some more creatures yet. There was plenty of card draw to go with this so it wasn't a real danger for me at this point. Now, it was time to see Tony Jones rule the end game. Tony would flip and start laying out all those relics you see in the first screen shot. Each copy of Rayje's Construct you see was played using Warrior's Boots. It was a rather intricate pattern with Flood of Energy and the constructs copying Tony's power and drawing cards. This allowed all this to take place without getting to the play creature step. Tony ended up with plenty of energy to play an Ormagon and rewrite it to non-Universal using Abwyn's Quill. Having used a spell to eliminate the energy on my Magi, this devastation defeated Grahnna. The first screen shot is from before the devastation. Next, it would be up to Brog. He would play out a Swamp Hyren. A couple Treepsh, Trulb, Jile, Ruid, N'kala, and Muck Vinoc were among the creatures Brog played. Trulb would net me an Ooze Arboll which I was hoping for. This got me one of the Rayje's Constructs. Vard Stampede reset the opposing relics and it was just a matter of waiting and seeing what Tony Jones could do with all that energy. A lot more card that managed to net Tony Jones at least two Warrior's Boots with which to play two Ormagons. One blew up my creatures along with the remaining construct, and the other was sufficient to attack and ensure the defeat of Brog. Very impressive.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At January 13, 2007 4:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

great fun. thanks for the game :D
great write up as well.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home