Friday, January 05, 2007

Drawing With Underneath Geyser


I've played a few games in the past few days. Lets see if I can get caught up in sharing them in this blog. As you can see from the pic I posted right after the game, I played ManiacMadMax again. I opted to go with another of my older decks. ManiacMadMax would have the first turn and flipped over League Elder as their first Magi. I was figuring that I might be seeing Gia so it was a pleasant surprise. League Elder would become a Bograth Magi and played out the full hand. With Rayje's Belt, Fog Hyren, N'kala, Ainjer, and Umbu in play, it would take the card draw of the Fog Hyren to get a Moss Pendant in play on that same turn. An awesome start for a Bograth deck, especially after League Elder repleneshed the hand. On my turn, I would reveal Togoth as my first Magi. Keeping consistent with the strategy I can remember for my deck, I pulled the Underneath Shadow Geyser and played it after energizing per his effect. I would also play Warrada's Ring, Wudge, Shadow Vinoc, and Raveled Drush. While none of my creatures would survive past League Elder's next round, Togoth would hold out and eventually do massive damage with a Core Grag. Togoth's next challenge would be Baa. Baa would start by playing Rayje's Shield, and then played out eight creatures. While my Wudges in play would gain a bunch of energy, the card draw at the end of Baa's turn would start the swarm into some healthy growth. Phlouk's Lantern would also be part of Baa's turn. Both the Wudge would attack the two Treepsh in play. This would prevent the Treepsh from canceling the power from the Core Grag I would then play. After such a massive blow, ManiacMadMax would declare it a “good game.” It seems that every time they've played this particular deck against Core, there has always been a Core Grag or three to destroy the swarm.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home