Saturday, December 30, 2006

Wind Whipping Through Tunnels



After shopping with my wife, I logged back in that evening and would end up playing another game with ManiacMadMax. It seems that while I was gone, they had learned a harsh lesson that effects don't count against burrow and the nice Dark Cragnoc combo had been trimmed down quickly by a couple Bulabantu. Well, for our second game this day, I chose to go with my "burrow" deck in honor of the Underneath deck they had used against me earlier. Delia would go first for Arderial, tossing down the standard three Vellups and an Elder Vellup, which put a Warlum in the hand. Myka goes first my Underneath deck with none of her starting cards. I happened to pull two copies of Hidden Door in my opening hand. Those two spells would clear two-thirds of relics out of my deck. Akkar, Gorgle's Curse, and Strag's Ring would finish off my cards. Gorgle's Curse would ensnare the Elder Vellup while purity would burrow one of the other Vellups. With the nice invulnerability of the Akkar, the two Vellups that could attack would do little to it. The Akkar would attack after Strag's Ring and Gogor's Spade were in play. Tossing out an Urigant, I "dug up" the Vellup I kept burrowing. Delia saved up some energy and tried to eliminate Myka using Cataclysm and using Jetstream to put a Warlum into play. Fortunately for Myka, the Warlum could only attack once and a Crushing Fungus would finish off Delia. Sorreah would repeat the Jetstream. Having lost her defensive Burrow, the Flying Darbok played this way would finish off Myka. FlutterYup, Wyle, and Ayebaw would finish off Sorreah's creatures for the turn. Emaal would play two Pylofuf and a Trogovo. Flying Darbok would use its power on the Ayebaw to get a hit on Emaal and then Sorreah played Cataclysm. ManiacMadMax released that this could've been a bad choice and thought perhaps they should've wasted the last of Sorreah's energy to play a Flutter Yup first to make it fresh Magi versus fresh Magi instead. Anyways, Celebrated Hero would flip for Underneath and play a Trogovo and an Akkar against a spent Sorreah. Sorreah didn't last. Kalius would go last. First he used Cataclysm to clean the field before playing Storm Wings and Storm Ring. Then, Kalius used his power to summon an Ayebaw. Multiple strikes that could gain energy (unlike Jetstream), and removing twice the energy, the game ended with Kalius the victor. Not the sort of Arderial I am used to seeing. It was refreshing.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home