Saturday, December 30, 2006

Dirty Jungle Drums



I logged in hoping to get in a quick game of Magi-Nation. It was actually quite nice to that a few were online and playing games. I would end up playing two games with ManiacMadMax. This first one was started before my wife had in mind to go shopping so I didn't have too much time to hang out afterwards. Trug would go first for ManiacMadMax using Hidden Door to net a nice combo of relics. Amulet of Ombor would get the matching Gate to the Ombor from the deck while Strag's Ring would burrow the Giant Parmalag fetched by the Gate. I didn't even think about the fact that I was once again using a Restriced deck. This time Paradwyn. Arawan would go first me by searching for and playing a Fog Hyren. An N'kala would round out the creatures for the turn. Robe of Petals was played first, of course, and Spell Pulse was a lucky draw on the first turn to wipe out at least two of the Underneath relics. While Arawan would constantly slam at least one small creature into the Giant Parmalag to try and press his way through, he would end up being defeated by an Ormagon with Impact flinging the Giant Parmalag into him to finish Arawan off. This left Trug still in play. While sacrificing Ookami isn't what I like to do with Paradwyn, I went nuts with Ookami in the hopes of drawing off the Cataclysm. As it was, I didn't draw a Spell Pulse before Trug gained the energy to use Cataclysm. With Ookami going out of control with his Hardshell Weebos and Lahalou, Cataclysm was a great choice. Now it would be up to Kiersta to somehow deal with two Underneath Magi. Kiersta tossed down a Robe of Vines, a Vine Hyren, two Tropical Plith, and then dreamwarped a Fog Hyren and Lahalou. Of course, I had used her effect at the start of the turn. Sorrowing Ogar would flig to use Cleansing on Dark Cragnoc, though none would be played at this time. Gloves of Crystal would add some energy to an Agovo played, while a Thunderquake for nine energy would get the Fog Hyren and one of the Tropical Plith. Crushing Fungus would get the other Tropical Plith. I don't think Sorrowing Ogar was going to go for all that card draw. Fortunately for Keirsta, Sorrowing Ogar was not the key Magi of the Underneath deck and she bowed out. Gruk would take the final stand for Underneath. Gloves of Crystal, Strag's Ring, and a Dark Cragnoc would make for a powerful opening move. One massive burrowed creature. So, of course, I rejoiced to have my Spell Pulse by then. ManiacMadMax would reveal that they had a copy of Warrior's Boots and an Ormagon that would've won the game. So, with Gruk winning the game, we discussed for a little bit the combo of the deck which dealt with forcing the opponent to smash into a large burrowed creature turn after turn after turn using Gruk's unique power. As I stated earlier, I couldn't hang out long to discuss things.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home