Thursday, December 28, 2006

Weaving In The Jungle


In this game against CapAp, I went first with Ahdar using my Restricted Weave deck. In short, no Aritex to try and create massive energy that way. Anyways, Ahdar went first playing his Uwamar and a Seaweed Lascinth. Liriel would flip for Paradwyn and play a Bagala Hunter and Bulabantu. Bulabantu would take three off the Seaweed Lascinth while the Bagala Hunter would stalk the Uwamar, followed by Froxfire to get rid off it. It wasn't looking good for Ahdar at all. Liriel would play a Jungle Riddle on her next turn, setting up massive energy to overwhelm the poor Weave Magi. It would be up to Kesia next to deal with Liriel. She would play out her flute, a Drowl, two Sagaweave, and two Bungaloo. While I was hoping for an Uwamar in the draw from the Drowl, this number of creatures would setup Kesia to start the energy games with her flute. Kesia's Flute would be meet a Relic Stalker real fast. Fortunately, I had another copy in the hand. After Kesia got past Liriel, Iain would flip. Iain would use his power, play Ambush, and another Jungle Riddle. Remember, this isn't my Weave deck with Aritex, so it was common for my Magi to have no energy to discard to the riddle. Iain would continue his efforts against Weave that opening turn by playing a Poison Baloo Root, T'kanzam, and Crushing Vines. After crushing a five energy Weave creature, the Poison Baloo Root would use wither. While a good opening for Iain, Kesia would push through to Squik. Squik would open up with the Scarletsong Banner, another Ambush, Bagala Hunter, and an N'kala. Kesia would respond with a Weave Seed, doing as much damage as she could. When Squik played a Jungle Riddle, I would choose to discard some energy from Kesia to defeat herself. This would allow a fresh Bo'Ahsa to take the field before Squik could get out of hand. Bo'Ahsa would get lucky and net the last two Uwamar in the deck when she played a Drowl. The Drowl would be followed by both Uwamar, a Tropical Jumbor, and a Sagaweave. The goal was to try and snatch the initiative away from Squik, and with the ability to redirect one attack per turn in defense, Bo'Ahsa would prove a great nuisance to Paradwyn. Squik would gain a bunch of energy before going down using a Scarletsong trik. Also, Squik often attached a Scarletsong spell to my creatures that could've removed energy from my Magi while my creatures attacked or defended, except I made it a point to always spend Bo'Ahsa's five energy before my attack step. The first time was with Sawgrass to eliminate something big that I had forced to attack my smallest creature. One time I used Weave Seed. Another time I used Warrior's Boot to put in a four energy creature and played The Hunt. In the end, Bo'Ahsa demonstrated that her balance of defense could turn the offensive in her favor. It was a fun game.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home