Monday, January 01, 2007

Sorreah Crashes Warrada


It is now 2007. With a new year starting, I debated adding some old decks from my days playing in card shops in Utah. So, I pulled up the wordprocessor file where I recorded the deck lists and started choosing some decks to import. So far, I have added one for Arderial, two I call Core decks (one is actually Weave with two Core Magi and a few Core cards in the deck), a Cald deck, and two Orothe decks. While I was doing this, ManiacMadMax showed up oline. After chatting for a bit, we played a couple games.

In this first game, I chose to go with that old Arderial deck. Sorreah would go first for Arderial. I didn't draw any starters and got lucky with an Elder Vellup in the opening hand. So, taking a chance, that is all I played, using its effect to put a Xyx Minor in my hand. Warrada would not appreciate Sorreah cutting off her effect. However, Warrada would go all out with a Raveled Drush, Orok, Zungg, Tomes of the Great Library, and her Ring. Tomes of the Great Library researched Corrupt and spent the last of her energy. This would spell her doom. Especially when the Raveled Drush used both of its powers so that Sorreah only had two creatures to deal with. Crushing Winds took the Zungg and luckily netted Sorreah a Storm Ring, allowing the Elder Vellup to attack and gain the one energy it had lost to the Zungg. After eliminating the energy that Orok would've take off Sorreah, Warrada was defeated and Sorreah nearly so. Zet would flip next for Core and Nagsis's Sigil would finish off Sorreah. That was all for that turn. Well, Sorreah did his job and upset Warrada's start. Ora would go next. She would play out two Xyx Minor, a Flying Hinko, Hurricane Orish, a Xyx, and Shooting Star. After a few add energy powers, she had some energy to spare on Beam of Light to get the only valid target, Nagsis's Sigil. Zet would steal the Flying Hinko, but that was easily countered using Alaban Gloves. Zet went down in the following series of attacks. Morag would play Dream Rift, steal the Alaban Gloves, and return my fresh Flying Hinko back to my hand. Robes of the Ages, Nagsis's Sigil, two Raveled Drush, and Maelstrom would round out the turn. However, Morag was still facing a strong force waiting to pummel him and ManiacMadMax declared "gg." It was a quick game.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home