Sunday, December 31, 2006

Burning The Shadows


Just in case you hadn't noticed, there are two different computers I play on. This might help explain the differences in the screen shots taken. Most of the decks are the same on both computers. As you may have noticed, I got to play CapAp again. This time I went with a Cald deck I haven't played in a while. Magam Flamesmith would start off the game with only a Coal Ergar. Lanyx Reaper would toss down a Shadow Dryte, Core Grag, Gweag, and Warrada's Ring. A lot of cards on that opening turn. He would end up drawing lots of cards before Magam burned her way through his defenses. Once she managed to start burning stuff, she started netting me cards with Gorgle's Glasses. When Lanyx was defeated, he played a Spirit of the Core. I had to read the spell some, and then decided that I could leave no creatures in play by simply having the Giant Arboll dump all its six energy onto Magam who only had two herself. Warrada would flip, play her ring, Tomes of the Great Library, Orok, Chaos Jile, and Shadow Dryte. Magam's effect was taking its toll. Now she would toss in a Scroll of Fire to turn up the heat. Warrada would only have one creature survive with one energy. Having had one of the other creatures blasted by a Crushing Heat, Warrada couldn't even access her relics. It was curtains for Warrada and she would also play a Spirit spell. With two creatures in play, I chose to limit the choices and had this Giant Arboll follow in the footsteps of its predecessor. Togoth would inherit the Ergar. He played out the Cald Shadow Geyser, Awakening, a Chaos Sphere, Shadow Vinoc, and a Gweag. Normally, my answer to the Cald Shadow Geyser is Beam of Light, but that had been Entombed earlier. However, I looked at my hand and hatched a plan. Magam would toss down a Greater Vaal to gain enough energy to use its power from her effect. Not stopping there, Magam would play all three of my Flambits. All three Flambits used their powers and moved three energy from Togoth to the Greater Vaal. It was devastating for Core. Greater Vaal would incinerate one creature and stand tall there reminding Core that Cald had found a way around the Shadow Geyser this game. Magam Flamesmith went all the way. I remember when I had played a Shadow Geyser deck and it had shutdown my Cald deck so completely that I switched my relic discard from the Raxis to Beam of Light. Wow, it has been so long that I had to look up the Raxis. Anyways, it was fun playing with CapAp. It is fun to see the variety of decks he uses. Though, I gather he's growing tired of his current set and might be making some new ones soon.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At January 01, 2007 11:09 AM, Blogger ManiacMadMax said...

ManiacMadMax- Always a good read = D

I believe that there never will be a solid gyser Deck. Anything that defeats all opposeing magi will always be hard deck to build and play.

And on top of that Beam of light. Then you have awakining, Not sure if that can be Beam of lighted though

 

Post a Comment

<< Home