Wednesday, January 03, 2007

A Beginning That Looks Like Another


Last night, CapAp had the chance to play the above game. CapAp would start with Delia and the standard swarm of Vellups. When he had the Elder Vellup pull a Xyx Minor into the hand, I began to suspect another Flying Hinko and Xyx Minor combo similar to the Arderial deck I used recently. I was wrong in my guess. In addition to the Vellup madness, Delia would shield her creatures with the Arderian-Guard Wings. Suddenly, I felt like I had lost the game from the beginning. To my surprise, I revealed Empress Gia as my first Magi. After checking the deck, I confirmed that although I had the wrong Magi pile, the deck was a matching mistake and I had the correct deck for the Magi pile in front of me. Because of the naming of all my decks to help me sort them, I had grabbed the set of decks I call Core 3 instead of Cald 3. So, with Delia facing Nagsis once again, it looked like the start of the game I had just played earlier in the day. After shuffling my deck, Nagsis would play just two Vuryip. When the Vellups began attacking, that was a lot of card draw. With Weave Seed, Nagsis would gain even more cards for me as Empress Gia struck out at Arderial. After several turns going back and forth, the Aritex combo began to hit. This allowed Nagsis to build a strong Weave swarm. Now, there was one moment when Empress Gia could've defeated Delia one turn earlier, but I held off attacking with Tropical Jumbor to build up energy against a possible threat of Xyx Elders. How fitting that I forgot to add the two energy to the Tropical Jumbor anyways. Delia would sacrifice herself on her next turn. When Defender of the Sky flipped, she played a Relic Stalker to eliminate Weave Hut. Tradewinds would net some more cards for CapAp. He then had Ora play Channeler's Gloves, a Xyx Elder, two Xyx Minor, a Xyx, and another copy of Arderian-Guard Wings. While the Shock Ring would help Ora in her energy struggles, it would not help CapAp in his efforts to roll a two for the Xyx Elder's power. After demonstrating a powerful opening turn for the Xyx deck, CapAp would declare "gg" on my next turn when I tossed down Agram's Staff and a Weave Seed. Look at the pic included to get an idea of the Weave swarm threatening the Xyx. And, in case you might be wondering, the idea behind playing Agram's Staff with Empress Gia is in Nagsis's second effect which would allow those Uwamar's to attack.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home