Saturday, January 06, 2007

We'll all be burnt to a cinder!


With the previous game being somewhat short, CapAp and I would play another. For this one, I would go with the last of those old decks that I have recently loaded into gEngine. Liriel would go first for CapAp. With two Bagala Cub in play, this promised to start some thinning of the Paradwyn deck. This also meant the two creatures were a bit smaller than I usually like to use the Boomstick for. However, when I flipped Good Ol' Ashgar as my first Magi, I still grabbed his Boomstick. Ashgar would play out a Quor and Magma Hyren. He would battle Liriel several turns, including putting out his Boomstick to do some burn. In the end, she would beat him. Barak the Red would reveal as my next Magi. His purpose is to use his power to thin the creatures from the deck. Besides, the right combination of creatures allows him to great. Barak would play Brushfire, Crushing Heat, and Thermal Blast to do massive damage to Liriel. He would then play two Flame Rudwot and grow them before ending his turn. When Arawan flipped as the next Paradwyn Magi, I had thoughts that something nasty would be setup for that last Magi. He would play a Scarletsong Banner, Bagala Hunter, and Froxfire. With only the one creature, Cald would burn through quickly. Now it would be up to Squik. She would return the Scarletsong Banner to play, use Relic Stalker on Gorgle's Glasses, and then she tossed out the Jungle Riddle. Crushing Vines would do some damage, and Bagala Hunter would create her defense. I had to do some serious thinking to sacrifice Barak. I didn't want him to have to face Squik if she got out of hand. By using Fireball as part of the effort, Scarletsong Banner went away quietly on its own. Valkan would flip as my last Magi. With another copy of Gorgle's Glasses, he was ready to battle it out. Valkan has a low energize, so he would play Robe of the Ages before using Brushfire to finish off Squik's single creature in play. Then he would take a change and play just one creature, a Greater Vaal. When the first die roll was a five, he didn't need a real high roll on the second die to finish off Squik. I cannot remember when I last played that deck. It has been a while.

This finishes off all those old decks that I have entered into gEngine so far this year.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home