Saturday, January 06, 2007

O'qua Battles Dark Twins


My next game would be against Crust357. I had just witnessed them playing a Dark Twins deck against another player and knew that this has been their deck of choice for a little while now. One of the older decks I had yet to play was an O'qua deck which I was sure had one Hunter Jile in there. The Dark Twins would go first, as was their right. They played out a Corathan, Core Grag, Raveled Drush, and Corrupt. This was a bit more on the opposing creatures than I was hoping to face on an opening turn. If it wasn't for the Corrupt, I would've summoned an Abaquist and stole that Core Grag. Instead, I would flip O'qua and summon the Hunter Jile to break the opening Corathan and Corrupt combo. With two of my Giant Parathin in my opening hand, I almost wanted to cry then and there. It presented two problems. One, if I didn't play one out, then I only had one creature to defend O'qua. I guess I am just too fond of that little magi. So, taking a chance, I had O'qua summon one of them normally and used its power. Now, afterward, I wonder if I should have just left it in play and taken the chance that way. Anyways, O'qua slipped away undefeated to have Shaper's Apprentice take the field in her place. He would play out Will of Orothe and end the turn. I would have Corathan attack. This opened up an opportunity for the Dark Twins to use Crushing Roots on the Hunter Jile. Ouch! That changed things, however I was feeling somewhat good about my choices since I had drawn that third Giant Parathin with Shaper's Apprentice already. Yes, all three Giant Parathin in the opening game. Of course, Shaper's Apprentice didn't survive and get a chance to slip away. While that hurt a little, it did mean that I could get Arosa's starting cards. Arosa would play a Giant Parathin, River Abaquist, and an Abaquist. She would put Karak Necklace and Karak Band into play too. River Abaquist would steal the one energy Zungg while Submerge would allow Abaquist to take another creature away from the Twins. While Arosa would make trouble for the Twins, she would not last either. It would now be back to O'qua. She would summon a Coral Hyren and play a Hurricane Orish. After tossing down the Orothean Belt once again, O'qua would use Submerge and Crushing Surf. The Tomes of the Great Library discarded themselves from play when O'qua gained control of them. O'qua would continue to make trouble for the Twins until they were defeated. When Warrada flipped, I thought of the Tomes of the Great Library. O'qua had no energy and only one creature in play. Although it was a healthy sized creature, I had just used Undertow to defeat the Dark Twins. Ignoring my discard pile, Warrada would play a Crushing Roots from the hand and research another copy from their deck to finish off O'qua's creature and O'qua herself in the process.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home