Thursday, January 25, 2007

Arderian Adept Swarms


It was nice to see a few people online playing recently. I haven't had much time to play this week, so when Frosty Ninja had some time to play Wednesday I took the opportunity to play. Delia would start things off for me and for the game. Just a standard Vellup swarm with three Vellup and an Elder Vellup. With Aerial Flist put in the hand, it was a good start. Chur would flip and play a Borgor and Nightmare Hyren opposite Delia. With the Nightmare Hyren giving my Elder Vellup some bad dreams, it looked like a good opening for Frosty Ninja. I had a tough choice to make. If I attacked with the Elder Vellup into a big enough Core creature, I would be rid of Toss and Turn, but I had the right setup to get through Chur's creatures despite appearances and hit Chur with the energy of the Elder Vellup. I ended up choosing to hit Chur with the Elder Vellup, so I would have to deal with Toss and Turn for several turns. In the end, Delia beat Chur. Zet would steal my biggest Elder Vellup and play a Drush. While this would foretell Delia's defeat, I managed a great setup going into Arderian Adept. I think I had over half my deck in my hand at one point. That is, until I revealed Arderian Adept as my second Magi. She would use Sandswirl for two to prevent any immediate creature theft and played out two Orathan Flyers, two Aerial Flists, and a Vellup. With a Storm Ring and Storm Shield to round things off, she had a good start. Shimmer would use her effect to undream a Drush and net a bunch of energy on all her creatures. After the Adept defeated Zet, Morag would flip and play Vaporize, Szalak, Koil, and Zungg. With the effect of the Koil and power of Zungg, Morag setup an Orathan Flyer for Turn. With a loaded dice, he spent his last energy to help the Szalak gain five energy. The screen shot here is from the turn immediately after this. With a single Storm Cloud, I ensured that the energy advantage in creatures belonged to Shimmer once again. Frosty Ninja declared it a "gg." Unfortunately, although I took notes, I did not write this report until half a week later.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home