Monday, January 22, 2007

Forest Wudge Goes Nuts


My games tonight were with Crust357. Since I last saw them playing a Dark Twins deck, I thought I might give my early anti-Core Naroom deck a spin. I would go first with Tiller, so this was my first clue that something was up. Still, my anti-Core Naroom has done alright against plenty of non-Core decks. Tiller would have a fairly standard opening drawing cards with his powers and Vortex of Knowledge. He would play out a Forest Wudge, Bhatar, and a Weebo. Weebo would be returned to the hand to make that one very large Forest Wudge. When Crust357 revealed Pruitt, I had a feeling that the Forest Wudge was going to get out of hand. Although Pruitt would only play a Tree Hinko on her opening turn, she would use Crushing Roots twice, once from research using the Tomes of the Great Library. The second relic she played was Orwin's Ring. Since both Crushing Roots had been used to shrink the Forest Wudge, I responded by using another copy of Bythan's Gift to make that one really large Bhatar, attack, and played the Forest Wudge back out to draw a card this time. Pruitt would fight well, but the Forest Wudge really was causing trouble in the energy scales. Having two out at one point was devastating. Poad would use Crushing Roots to eliminate my Wasperine in play before playing a creature out. While Tiller had lost one of his two Forest Wudge, one was still plenty. Sadly, Poad wouldn't last long. It would then be up to Tryn. While she got some good rolls for two copies of grow on a Flying Hinko, all it took was a copy of Warrior's Boots and a Giant Carillion for Tiller to deal with such a large threat. It was nice to see Crust357 playing something non-Core. When they asked for a rematch, I decided to change decks.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home