Monday, March 21, 2005

Burnt Critters

Another day, another game. This time I faced Cald again. Freigabe asked to play a game this morning, or early afternoon depending on your point of view.

So far, I have been lucky to go first with Tiller. A decent opening draw, and Tiller was looking good like usual. Freigabe then flipped over Rayje and chose lore for lots of card draw. He started with Warrior's Boots and two copies of Rayje's Construct. I guess one because Rayje can start with any two Universal cards and the other because it has starting: Rayje. Anyways, he plowed the first construct into the Alpine Xamf. This would hurt, but wasn't totally devastating. I would've loved to Warrior's Boots in a Giant Carillion at this point. As it was, this quick end to Rayje was nowhere in sight. Tiller did make good work on Rayje while Rayje stacked up freigabe's hand with his lore effect. Gar was next and really dug into Tiller. Between the Flame Rudwots, Gar's own effect, and Sinder's Mantle, Braggle's would become a serious problem. This would continue on past Tiller. Evil Evu made a modest stand against Gar and managed to net a few extra cards while at it. Warrior's Boots were a regular on both sides of the fence. A Braggle booted in and boosted with Flame Rudwot would do incredible damage to a Naroom swarm. At this point, it looked like freigabe was going to accomplish what malovis came so close to doing. Warrada, Simulacrum made her stand by tossing down real big when Evil Evu was defeated. Her energy savings on Forest Wudge and Forest Jile was a blessing. The only problem was the return of another Braggle. It took a booted in Giant Carillion to end that threat and get through Gar. After using the power on the remaining Forest Jile, I debated using Bythan's Gift as well. There is no way for me to know if doing so would've saved me the game. As it was, I left two four energy creatures and one five energy critter in play. Garstev flipped and played Wildfire. Beam of Light then took creatures and Crushing Heat took the third. If only I would've had another Giant Carillion in hand to deal with the Granas played. If only will remain an if only. I tried a risky maneuver and played out the energy on Simulacrum for one really large Furok. At eleven energy, I hoped it could just survive freigabe's next turn. It didn't. Another Warrior's Boots and a Flame Rudwot boosted the Granas. Combined with another copy of Sinder's Mantle, Granas took the Furok in a single swift blow. I now have my first defeat in the tournament. :-)

I had to log out for a moment to call and confirm a time for a drug test tomorrow. Although the job I am applying for is part of a group of companies and it is considered a transfer, I still have to take a drug test for it. I logged right back into gEngine after my phone call hoping to get another tournament game in. Instead, everyone was observing a game between BobbyDoc and freigabe.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home