Sunday, March 20, 2005

Titanic Clash

Three games in one night. Not a bad start at all. This time, I had already written the posts for the first two games and then checked back to find malovis offering to play a game if I was up to it.

So far, I've been quite lucky going first. Tiller did the usual power drawing and netted two Wasperines and then drew Warrior's Boots during the draw step. Malovis flipped over Sorreah and used Shockwave on the Ember Hyren in play. After malovis finished their turn with a Tradewinds, Tiller took down Sorreah real fast. Using Warrior's Boots and Wasperines, a Forest Jile opened up the attacks on Sorreah. Afterwards, using the power of the Forest Jile left Tiller with a good opening going into the next magi. Voice of the Storm appeared next and the Arderial/Orothe magi tossed down big with the Orathan Amulet. This would spell doom for Tiller. While a mass blitz of attacks did tear into things initially, it would be an uphill battle of epic proportions. Tiller couldn't handle it. A small one energy Orathan attacked to eliminate the exhausted Naroom magi. There was only one hope at this point, and it was to toss down big with Evil Evu. Now, both of us made one mistake that I know of each. When Tiller dug into the orathan madness, I should've used Relic Stalker before Crushing Roots to eliminate the Arderian-Guard Wings. When malovis attacked, I think they meant to attack the Forest Wudge with the Ayebaw first instead of losing the Orathan first in an attack. This would end up marking when Evil Evu would begin his card draw rampage. I would end up sacrificing one of the two Furoks on my next turn and even attacked with a Sandswirl on the Alpine Xamf. With some energy returns from the Furoks, it was possible to play out a Giant Carillion. Evil Evu was going nuts. This did some extreme damage, but two Orathan Flyers would take a couple more turns. Two different turns with Bythan's Gift would finally get the Orathan Flyers. Malovis did steal the remaining Furok with a River Abaquist. Part of the creature count was a Pharan and Spray Narth. After beefing back up the energy on their magi, they spent a little more leaving her with seven energy. Tap Roots defeated the Furok and left a seven energy Giant Carillion that hadn't attacked in play. Malovis conceded at this point when I declared the attack. It was a real tough game. A real tight game. I was really on the edge of my seat trying desperately to do my best, while anticipating that I would lose at any moment.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home