Sunday, March 20, 2005

Cawh Strikes Again

Talk about plain dumb luck. Well, I was excited to have a chance at my second tournament game on the same night. I was thrilled and chose to play first and then write these posts. So, Itchinosi created the game this time and I once again lucked out and went first.

Tiller drew strong into Wasperines, Giant Carillion, and Warrior's Boots. Feeling like taking a step on the more dangerous side of things, I played no creatures that first turn. Itchinosi revealed Scyalla as their first magi and retrieved the Cawh as their starting creature. As they played out their turn, I began to ponder my hand. Bythan's Gift, Evu's Bookworm, and Crushing Roots were all there too. After calculating things out a bit, I opted to play out Warrior's Boots and toss down the Giant Carillion on my turn. A quick stomp and Evu's Bookworm bounced back to the hand by the gift, left a nine energy matchup. Giant Carillion attacked. I then played Weebo and crushed the Cawh to finish it off. It appears that such a fast opening attack on the Cawh left Itchinosi in quite a pinch. Thunderquake took out the Weebo, but a single Wasperine answered by taking out Scyalla. Garstev then flipped and played another Tradewinds. Garstev would end up taking out Tiller. Still, things were looking very creatureless of Itchinosi. Evil Evu placed Robe of Vines and then used Warrior's Boots to play an Alpine Xamf. Followed with a Wasperine, it took Spirit of Rayje to save Garstev for a turn. Evil Evu then tossed down big. A real nice Naroom swarm. This was all in preparation for a possible Cawh. Garstev would go down on the next turn and Voda flipped. Despite some desperate Tradewinds, Voda came up creatureless. This would've hurt if he had played that monster. As it was, Voda ended up defenseless in front of the swarm of attacking critters.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home