Wednesday, March 23, 2005

Tourney action and silly feats

I played two games today, one tourney and one just because. Actually, it's three games if you count the one I played against some guy who put his deck in his magi pile. Let me tell you, arbolit makes one mean magi.

Anyway, my tourney game was against Pirategirl. She played a perpetual motion deck, oddly enough. This time I actually played sorreah properly, making sure I get the 2 tradewinds instead of a shockwave or something else equally bad at drawing cards. She played a few big creatures, so getting control back was kind of annoying after Sorreah died. But I managed OK. After I played out a few orthans and phrups and wellisks, I did the trick with pharan and spray narth, and gained a net 7 energy. Then I shockwaved one of the creatures. After that it was close for a turn or two, but once I drew my forgotten dancers, I began stealing and killing like crazy. Pirate conceded after the second magi. People don't realize that you really have to nix Voice in the set up stage. Because she can roll better than almost any magi I've seen once she's set up. It's free energy and cards everywhere. The stealing and control stuff gets insane. And I can even recycle the deck pretty quick. I can usually block ormagons too. And if I smell a cata coming, I can get cards and energy back on my magi in a hurry. That reminds me, I should add a barqua's bubble.

In an earlier non-tourney game with Godofchaos, I got all 6 orthans in play with Voice. They were all gaining like 3 energy per turn, it was nuts. Chaos tried the cawh trick with Wawek. He didn't know that it doesn't work. He wanted to use cawh to cycle 15 energize with Wawek and then play weave control. When it didn't work, he just played cawh with his last magi. So I decided to STEAL it.

That's right ladies and gents, I STOLE a cawh. After all, I am the cawh guru master. Sandswhirl for three turns, then use forgotten dancer and abwynn's quill. That way I can still play creatures on my turn.

After that his magi was pretty tapped and I killed him without any trouble. I wish I could have some of those losses back now that I know how to play orthans better. Oh well.

2 Comments:

At March 23, 2005 10:50 PM, Blogger Novelty said...

Yay! Mal is in da house! What? KT lost to Arderial? Sacriledge ;)

 
At March 24, 2005 9:09 AM, Blogger dartax said...

Cool. Malovis has posted here! I've been waiting for this. By the way, I knew there was power in your deck. I saw it when I played you. Not in just your deck, but the way you played it too. :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home