Sunday, January 22, 2006

Frigid Clash

If my game yesterday with godofchaos was good, then perhaps my game today with freigabe was even better. If nothing else, it was a little bit faster.

This time, I actually went first. Getting both an Ice Lens and Yaromant in those random five cards seemed like mana from heaven. That is, until freigabe flipped over Fray who started with a Yaromant. They even got an extra one in the starting hand. Two to one Yaromant didn't seem like good odds, and it showed. Balachron didn't last long against Fray. Shattershards was key to keeping Fray from netting a bunch of cards as well with a copy of Ice Lens. So, I enjoyed my card draw while I could. Odavast would then try and battle for all he was worth against Fray. Having my second Ice Lens in hand would help immensely. I am not sure he could've pulled things around without it. By the time he finally he got past Fray with his pesky, partially invulnerable creatures, I was feeling good about things. I had a small swarm going with an Ice Arboll used to make it a little better. To my surprise, freigabe flipped over Odavast as their second magi as well. Ouch! That wasn't even the really sweet part of the deal. They had several creature and an Ice Arboll as well. Their Zyavu was quite large from Ice Arboll and the Mombak, so I would use the Aegris I had in play to get that while Thin Ice and an attack by my own Zyavu in play would take the Mombak. The third creature I had before had been eliminated already by freigabe on the turn they flipped over their Odavast. Two Odavast. Both wanting to keep things frozen to toughen the battle. Oh what a thrill! I was loving it so much that I forgot to pay attention to many details at that point. It was a very good game. A very good battle. In the end, the Odavast I controlled managed to sweep past Odavast. The turn before he got the other Odavast, I managed to pull off another Ice Arboll. After defeating Odavast, I tossed down a couple more creatures, including another Aegris. Freigabe flipped over Laranel and then declared “gg.” And, a very good game it was. My heart is still racing as I write this from the shear excitement. These are the sort of games that can give me a thrill.

It must be the sort of rush that has inspired me finally to “import” my Cald deck from the Orothe Season of the Magi-Nation League. That Cald deck scared me just to play it, since nearly creatureless is not my style. Currently, only readers of this blog will even know I have such a deck. I am not even sure when I will get the courage to play that deck once again.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home