Thursday, January 19, 2006

Washing Away Forests

I was on this Thursday evening recording card information to just possibly create a Naroom 101 for the Custom Card Forums. I have a very long way to go yet. So far, I've only just started writing in the card texts.

Anyways, while I was online, Birdie21 dropped in and we played another game. I haven't played my Orlon's Ring deck in a while, so I decided to take it for a spin. Birdie21 started first with Tryn. Tryn started off with some fairly impressive energy gains, including some from Orwin's Ring. Aula Mindseeker responded with a fairly lucky draw of Tidal Wave. Ten energy later, two big nasty Naroom creatures were gone and the field was fresh. Aula then began the usual mad card draw. She would actually hold out a few turns. Having drawn both copies of Orlon's Ring with her power early on, I placed one out so she would gain five energy per turn instead of just her pitiful energize of four. She even would field a Karak Necklace and Hubdra's Cube to steal the Orwin's Ring and deny Naroom purity energy gains. Tryn ended up taking out Mindseeker by using an Energy Band and her power on a Balamant. In addition to attacking and eliminating my only creature in play, the power Hunt took out Aula's energy. Quilla came out in force. I had drawn like nuts with Aula. Five Orothe relics wide, including Orlon's Ring. Hubdra's Cube stole the Energy Band to trigger both the Karak Necklace and Karak Band. With twelve energy gained per turn, Quilla gained steam fast. She took out Tryn. Getting stronger with each turn, Quilla then eliminated Pruitt, followed by T'dek. In the end, Quilla had six Orothe relics in play, all the width in relics that deck has. Oh, it was so nice to play against Naroom. I don't think I get to do that very often lately. It feels like I am the one playing Naroom when it does get played.

Birdie21 did offer to play again after that. However, my wife had been anxiously calling for me to come help her. Turned out that there was a spot in a console game she couldn't get past without another player in the game to assist.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home