Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Chiseling away

OK, so EF is on hiatus. HIATUS.

hi·a·tus (h-ts)
n. pl. hi·a·tus·es or hiatus A gap or interruption in space, time, or continuity; a break

So why am I working on it still? That's a good question. I guess the only reason is that I hate to leave it unfinished. So I've been chipping away at it one card image a day, give or take a break every other day. It's rewarding at the end of the day to do it, although there's probably a million other things to do like:

1. Finalise Tainted Glimpses and make it tournament legal
2. Finish designing the Weave cards for Twilight War
3. Finalise Keeper's Quest and make it tournament legal
4. Add the remaining 11 regions of Twilight War to the engine
5. Script Double Jeopardy magi from the contest entries.
6. Introduce A Cure for all seasons on the Custom Card forums.

while maintaining the regular tournaments on gEngine, updating the website with news and content, answering questions on the forums, searching for news, etc.

Whew, I think I need a hiatus just by looking at that list...

Anyways, today my challenge was to take this piece of artwork by Jeffry Ransom:




and to update it in such a way to make it presentable as a custom card. Hmm...

Well, I'm too lazy to write too much (I need a hiatus!), but the end result is below:



Pencils by Jeffry Ransom, Colours by myself, background by Alison Strom/Whyrl. Comments welcomed!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home