Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Tall Grasses Covered In Mud

It looks like I played games with most of the active players in this month's tournament so far. There is one game that I know of which has not been posted to the tournament results up to this point. So, not counting that game, it was interesting to note that a majority of the players shared the same number of points for their games played. This means that they've all lost two games and won one each. This quickly told me that there is a little circle of wins and losses to go around. For me, I don't know quite why, that is exciting.

Well, last night, CapAp was online at the same time I was. I was just browsing the results of the tournament so far to see who had played or not and how their games had gone. As I think about it, I guess part of why I found the roundabout of wins and losses interesting is because it meant that all my opponents' had at least one win and that excited me. Strange? Maybe. I don't think there's anything wrong with getting excited over their victories.

Anyways, back onto the subject of CapAp and I being online at the same time. CapAp and I played a game. It seems that CapAp might like the honor of designing Weave for Twilight War and was practicing with the region so that they might prove to Novelty a worthiness to do the job. I won't deny that I was tempted for a moment to run one of my own Weave decks. Weave is a region I had trouble playing at first and vexed me so, although I was good enough at other regions to defeat most of my Weave opponents. Strange, now that I think about it, I spent so much effort into learning to play some form of Weave that I sort of missed Kybar's Teeth which was released in the same expansion.

Okay. I am getting off the subject again.

Well, CapAp and I played a game. CapAp went with Weave, of course. They went first with Keru. A very promising Weave magi from Traitor's Reach and part of why I hope that perhaps the game might actually make that rumored rebirth. Keru started drawing cards and dumping Junjertrugs into the discard pile. I had chosen to go with Bograth, not my Grahnna-Pyder deck but one I have had on gatlingEngine for a little while. Eryss got lucky with another of my Fog Hyren in the opening hand. I skipped playing out the N'kala and played the Poison Baloo Root, both Fog Hyren, and Gremble. That was a massive turn of card draw. I would've loved to had Eryss go down in defeat right then. CapAp would end up taking out the Poison Baloo Root, a good choice, and using Weave Powder to get Gia's Tome. On my second turn, I drew more cards and attacked to better setup Eryss to go away. With a third Fog Hyren in hand so early into the game, I went ahead and drew some more. CapAp would end up taking out Eryss after a few turns. This was good for me. By this time, I had a hand full of cards, including Deadwood Staff and two Swamp Hyren. This was a perfect setup going into Olabra. We are talking massive swarm in one turn. Crushing Stench took out the Drowl that had been beating my stuff up and placed the first Swamp Hyren. From there, I played creature after creature until I had eight Bograth creatures in play and used the Deadwood Staff to play the second Swamp Hyren for free. With two N'kalas and a Ruid in play, Olabra would see some impressive energy gains as well. CapAp crushed the Jile and I almost forgot Olabra's own effect. I use her mostly for starting energy and those two key starting cards (Jile and Moss Pendant). After they had drawn two cards, they confessed that they forgot to play Rayje's Belt and lock down the Moss Pendant. I had Vard Stampede in hand, so it really didn't matter though I didn't say so. A better choice would've been Vitalize off of the Jile, but they never did play that belt before the game ended. I guess they continued to forget. Olabra would steam right over Keru once it came back to me. M'lady Iyori used her power and played out all her energy in creatures, including two Baby Furoks. Olabra would steam right over this as well. CapAp played Spirit of the Weave. I responded jokingly that it was a mean thing to do, to prevent me from attacking. The reply was appropriate about how it wasn't mean after what I had just done. I had to laugh. Good humor makes for a good game. CapAp would reveal Marella Savant as the last magi. With a good number of Junjertrug in play and no ability to attack them first, I chose to spend the twenty energy Olabra had at this point (Ruid and two N'kala can add up quickly on top of her energize). Olabra would toss out two more Jile, another Ruid, a Muck Vinoc, and a few other creatures. A Moss Pendant and Muck Vinoc later, at least one Junjertrug went away. With The Hunt, Marella would take out six Bograth creatures with her attacking Junjertrugs. CapAp then stated that it looked like they would lose. I agreed. I had a number of creatures survive too, most of them good sized and probably representing an excess of thirty energy. It was a good game and not because I won, but because CapAp was a great sportsman.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At January 24, 2006 10:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey

nice blog. ive recognized that you always write "they" and so ive to ask why?
("They went first with Keru", "they confessed that they forgot to" and so on)

mfg
freigabe

 

Post a Comment

<< Home