Friday, April 27, 2007

A Little Glitch

It was nice to see 420Taco use something else in the next game. They even played under the usual rules of regional penalties on their own. Once again, they started. This time with Ashgar and single Arbolit. When Ashgar didn't play anything else, I wasn't sure what the point of the Arbolit was. Anyways, Ahdar would start things off for me and my deck full of Weave creatures. Yep, knowing that they were playing Cald, I chose a region because they are known for being weak against Cald. To top it off, my deck didn't have any spells or relics, so I should be a tad bit weaker on top of that. Ahdar would spend all his energy on all five cards in my opening hand. That was one healthy Uwamar. Ashgar would not last, but it is not often that I experience the pressure of the Heat Lens in a game either. Now this is where we experienced some form of glitch. When I revealed my hand, they did something that put the chosen creature into play. Normally I don't click on the option to allow my opponent to do anything to my hand, so I didn't expect what would happen next in this turn of events. 420Taco would turn control of the creature to me, but when I went to discard it the creature ended up in 420Taco's discard pile. A most unusual experience.




Barak would flip and begin some thinning of my meager hand resources using Heat Lens. Ormagon would finish off my swarm with ease, and yes eleven energy was paid for the Ormagon. As impressive as that might sound, Ahdar still survived Barak and would face Amanax just after I mentioned how the Flame Geyser they had just recently used was so much better with a Cald Magi whose name I could not recall at first. Amanax would play Scroll of Fire, Heat Lens (must I suffer again?), and Brushfire just once. This sort of surprised me because a second application of Brushfire would've eliminated both my creatures. Anyways, after a few rounds, I would start saving my cards instead of playing one out and then suffering as I would draw two and lose one to Heat Lens and thus only have one card on my turn again. Eventually, Amanax found Abraxin's Crown and would start using Ambush and other spells to bring Ahdar back down in the raw energy race. In the end, Storm Cloud would make Ahdar easy to finish off. Kesia got lucky on the flip. Since Amanax had not used Heat Lens on that last turn, she would still have a Drowl available. Drowl would net two cards, one of which was my last Uwamar. Starting with Uwamar, she would continue by playing three Pagajack, her Grass Hyren, and Aritex. The idea was to have something capable of at least surviving one Flame Geyser. Aritex would use its power, and I sacrificed the first of the Pagajacks, to restore Kesia to her starting energy. This was probably the best hope my Weave had for a comeback at this point. Now, the endgame got confusing. First Amanax was trying to use Vim and Vigor to eliminate energy from Kesia. Then it was the Uwamar with Amanax gaining an extra ten although upon reading for clarification I realized that it specified Cald spells and powers. Anyways, 420Taco mentioned they were getting tired of this game, and so was I. Yes, I would have attacked and used weave to gain energy as much as I could have. It seems that they had finally drawn back into an Ormagon too, so that would've been nasty if Amanax could've survived Kesia's assault. But, could he have done more damage than he did on that previous turn? I don't know. The upside-down Drowl you see in the picture is actually the Drowl 420Taco had drawn after getting it shuffled into their deck. They put in play in another attempt to give it to me. Since I had another Drowl in my hand and was going to play it, I simply discarded the Drowl in my hand and paid six energy off Kesia as if that particular one had been in my hand instead.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home